Turkish zarda pulao
serves : 3-4
- 225g of Kohinoor Basmati Rice
- 50g of clarified butter
- 200g of sugar
- 30g of cashew nuts
- 15g pistachio nuts
- 30g cream
- A pinch of saffron Silver paper (edible)
- cooking time:30min
- wash, soak and drain rice.
- heat half the clarified butter and fry the rice.
- Add one and half times the quantity of water and let it cook.
- When 3/4 os cooked, add the sugar and the remaining clarified butter, cream and saffron soaked in little milk. cover tightly.
- Keep in the oven or with a live coal on the lid.
- Fry the nuts and add them to the rice.
- Serve garnished with edible silver paper.