Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani
serves : 3-4
- 500 grams of Kohinoor Basmati Rice
- 1 kg mutton
- 2 cups curd
- 2 tbsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 cups golden fried sliced onions
- 3 green chillies
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp meat tenderizer
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 2 boiled eggs for decoration (optional)
- 50g cashew nuts(optional)
- cooking time:30 min
- First boil the water, add oil, salt and cook rice till it is half cooked, keep aside.
- Next marinate the mutton. In a pan take mutton, add all the spices, curd, onion, garlic and ginger paste.
- Now in a pan put some oil and then add the marinated mutton in the bottom layer and top it with half cooked rice, add mint leaves, coriander leaves and fried onions.
- Repeat the same process twice to create 2 layers.
- Put saffron pre soaked in little milk, cook for 30 min. or till cooked through.
- Garnish with fried onions, fried cashews slit and fried green chillies.
- Serve hot with raita and mirchi ka salan.